Lacrosse vs. Fruita Monument

Jenny Brinton

Boys Lacrosse team at the Fruita game

Last Thursday, April 13, 2023, our incredible boys’ lacrosse team had an intense rival game against Fruita Monument High School. The student section from both schools was loud and roaring, hoping to score a win for their school. Our varsity team played at Colorado Mesa University at 7:00 pm, where the student section was at its fullest. Unfortunately, the team took a tough loss of 9-3 against the Fruita Wildcats. “We weren’t playing very connected, meaning that the plays that we normally run either weren’t being run correctly or weren’t being run at all. Fruita had a lot of good plays and runs that were working well so they were able to take that win from us.” Says Oliver Shrader, a sophomore here at Palisade. Our JV team also took a tough loss from the Wildcats, with a final score of 3-6. Shrader scored two of the three goals scored in this game. The JV game was at Canyon View Park, starting at 4:00 pm. “Though we did not take the win from these games, as an athletic department it is super important for our teams to be able to learn from our losses and work on what we need to improve on in practice to be better prepared for our next game. I think if we fix our plays and become more connected as a team the next few games will go better.” Shrader says. Remember to pack the stands and support our boys’ lacrosse team. Go Bulldogs!