Boy lacrosse and their Senior night

Boy lacrosse and their Senior night

This last Monday the boys lacrosse team had their senior night at CMU where they played against Fruita Monument High School. The boys lacrosse team did end up beating Fruita in a close match ending in 12-10.  The Boys lacrosse team has six Seniors on the team. Being a very young team the Seniors have a lot to hold up being the highest ranking. At half time the Seniors got to come out and tell their favorite memories and stories about the team. One Senior, Gavin Mottram came out on top scoring 3 out of the 12 goals that night and Maddox Caster also scored a goal for the team as Senior. Stewart Dean is a Freshman on varsity who spends a lot of time with these seniors and looks up to them as a role model. This is what he had to say, 

“ Getting to play with them for their last year has been a very fun experience getting to play with these seniors as it is their last year on the team. And getting to play alongside them on Senior night was so cool. Getting to see a whole night dedicated to them. My brother is also a player on the team and next year he will be a senior and I have mixed feelings about his senior year. I’m excited for his senior year and sad that it will be my last year with him.” We are excited for our seniors but also very sad to let them go. Come support them as they play out the rest of the little season that they have left.