Girls Tennis Dominate

The WarDog tennis team as they lined up before their victorious win over Bear Creek. Photo taken by Nikki Smith

The combined Palisade and Central girls WarDog tennis team is leading in a dominating season with an overall record of 9-1, putting them first in their league. After their last team win against Grand Junction on April 22, the girls are now preparing to even better their skills as they get ready to head into regionals. 

With new players and a ton of growth, the girl’s WarDog tennis team has seen many successes throughout the season, both from varsity and JV. “As a team, I feel like we all were able to get a lot of wins and work hard, but also still have a lot of fun,” said Palisade Junior Shaelyn David. David plays at the 3doubles spot with her partner, Junior Annabelle Carter. “I am very excited as we head into regionals. I feel like all the hard work we put in will pay off.” 

Many of the lineups have a high chance of getting first seed at regionals, which puts them at a really good advantage. “I feel very confident that most (if not all) of our team is going to qualify for state,” said David. “We have proved that we can win throughout the season and now we just need to let our hard work pay off at regionals.” The hard work and dedication these girls have put into tennis throughout the season puts them at a really good spot as they head into regionals. With regionals taking place on May 3rd, the WarDogs are expecting good results with multiple state qualifiers.