Girls Golf Update: The Season’s In Full Swing

+Kyndall+Toft+playing+her+sophomore+year%0A

Photo Provided By: Kyndall Toft

Kyndall Toft playing her sophomore year

The girl’s golf season is finally getting to the top of its peak, with warmer temperatures and multiple tournaments every week. With one of the longest winters in Colorado, a few of the team’s tournaments have been fairly trying with cold temperatures and fast winds. The most recent tournament was at River Valley Ranch, an award-winning, 7328-yard, par 72, 18-hole championship public golf course, located in Carbondale, Colorado. The five seniors of the girl’s team went up to play in the match and faced one of their hardest tournaments. The girls faced cold weather and winds so fast it was even affecting their putting, but they had to fight through it. The girls came home not sunburnt like they would usually be this time of year, but windburnt. Kyndall Toft is a senior on the Palisade Girls Golf team, having played all four years of her high school career as well as a few years before with her parents and on summer camps. When asked about her senior season, Toft said, “It’s been a little bumpy with the colder weather and just for me as a player. I think we have a really good team this year, and I was super excited to see the number of freshmen that joined us for this season. I think we’re really starting to dial it down, so it’s been really good.” The team has a total of 22 players this season, with seven freshmen playing for the first time. The team has another tournament today, April 20, at one of Grand Junction’s very own Lincoln Park Golf Course. Good luck today girls! Go Bulldogs!