Happily Ever After

Photo booth

Group of boys pose for the photo booth at the dance.

Last Saturday night, the night that so many juniors and seniors at Palisade High School had been waiting for finally arrived. Prom 2023 was a night to remember. The dance started at 7:30 p.m. and went until 10:30 p.m. The promposal contest started two weeks before the dance. The contest is to see who can get the most likes on Instagram for the way that they ask their date to prom. Around that same time, the prom royalty nominations opened and anyone with a District 51 email could nominate Prom Queen and King. 

The Student Council did an amazing job setting up for the dance. The dance was held at Two Rivers Convention Center. Student Council set up castle cutouts all around the ballroom. There was a photo booth where many kids gathered with their friends to capture memories. At 9:00 p.m. they announced the winners of Prom Queen and King. The nominees for prom queen were Ally Seriani, Sophia DeWitt, and Ella Steele. The nominees for prom king were Blake Hooker, Ryker Harsha, and Brett Rozman. Ella Steele and Brett Rozman ended up taking home the crowns. It was a wholesome moment for them because they have also been dating for a while.

Blake Hooker, one of the nominees for Prom King, commented on his feelings about this being his last dance. “It sucks, school dances are some of the core memories I have from high school but I think the student council did a great job this year and made the last one memorable.” His favorite part of the dance was hanging out with his friends and making lasting memories.