STUCO’s Food Drive a Massive Success

Hank DeFord
    The food drive is over! Congratulations to Mrs. Walitt.

T’is the season of giving! This year’s annual food drive was a huge success collecting hundreds of cans to help feed the less fortunate this holiday season. It was an intense competition between classes for the win. In the end Mrs.. Walitt’s class took the win with Mrs. Noble in second place.

In the end, Palisade collected over 1000 cans that will go directly to feeding those who need it. Although in the end Mrs. Walitt won, Mrs. Noble had the most points and brought in the most cans. However many of the cans were brought into her class a day late and therefore were made void. This put Mrs. Walitt in the lead and won. I talked to Mrs. Noble about her close loss, she said, “I wish I won but I respect the rules.” The food drive is always a great reminder of the amazing culture here at Palisade. Even during the stress of the end of the semester and finals, everyone still makes time to donate food to help those in need and spread the Christmas spirit. Congratulations to Mrs. Walitt’s class and thank you so much to everyone who donated, afterall helping others is the true meaning of the Christmas season.