Shades of Shenanigans

Gaby Suazo
Students observing the Shades of Shenanigans Dress Code board by Dog Run.

Starting the winter season just right, is Palisade’s first Shades of Shenanigans dance. Typically, we follow a routine of three dances a school year; Homecoming, Winter Formal, and Prom. However, this year’s Student Council decided to add to the fun by introducing a new dance. 

Shades of Shenanigans takes place this Saturday, December 2nd from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and is hosted in the main gym. Unlike most dances, the dress code is casual which sparked many interests and opinions among the student population. Sophomore Siena Miller admitted, “I think it’s a good idea. StuCo is taking into consideration the costly attire of Homecoming and other dances. It offers an opportunity for everyone to attend.” There is one thing that contributes to the dress code which is the persistent rule of wearing black and white. Everything is acceptable, whether it’s black jeans and a white shirt or white sweats and a black tee. 

StuCo member Morgan Montgomery explained, “We wanted to steer away from the stereotype of Sadie Hawkins. In past years, Sadie Hawkins hasn’t been seen as one of the most fun dances. This year, we have an exciting change.” Drawing away from the outdated values of a Sadie Hawkins dance creates a special and safe environment for everyone. This exciting event celebrates the collaboration of school culture and carefree fun. Hype music, detailed decorations, and ambient lighting will undoubtedly enhance the vibe and sustain the normalcy of a school dance. Another StuCo member Ian Shiao says, “There’s a big surprise at 8.pm., shenanigan o’clock. I think the attendees will be super into it.” Similar to Hoco and Prom, there will be royalty for Shades of Shenanigans. The candidates include: Kaci Hoskin and Trenton Pike, Siena Guzman Newton and Rowan Ferguson, Lyla Lancaster and Maddox Caster, Maylin Hean and Mark Vazquez. Make sure to vote for your favorites, Bulldogs!

Along with all the promised fun and surprises, Shades of Shenanigans will be a night to remember, even in black and white.