Celebration of Taylor Swift’s Success

Kairi Richardson, Willow Philliou, Braewyn Brown and Mason Burke having fun at the Laser party! Photo provided by Kairi Richardson

If you looked up 2023, Taylor Swift would be the definition. From her crazy diligence of releasing re-recordings of old albums, non-stop parties disguised as concerts and soft launching of Chief’s tight end Travis Kelce, Swift has been swimming in success and money.

Conquering the box office can be added onto Swift’s lengthy accomplishments. During the final U.S. show in Los Angeles, cameras and drones recorded the Eras Tour to capture the three hour extravaganza. The movie spanned 17 years of Swift’s musical career and eight eras. For those who want to live or relive the enchanting aura of the tour, this was the perfect opportunity. On October 13th, the public was able to witness ‘Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour’ in theaters. In just the opening weekend, the movie amassed $92.8 million in the United States and Canada. This means it is officially the highest grossing concert film ever. It also gave a giant boost to local theaters suffering from strikes and low employment. Swift’s advertising was especially curated for the materialistic behaviors of loyal Swifites. Popcorn buckets, cups, concert posters, and tote bags were available, further promoting the bejeweled Eras Tour. Sophomore Atley Olson was in attendance on the opening weekend. “I got the bucket and cup. My mom was like ‘We have to get those!’” Olson gushes, “I loved it! It was super cool to see all the details, like her outfits and face makeup. At the concert you wouldn’t be up close like that, unless you were on the floor. I almost cried during Fearless.” It truly is a gift to experience this recap of Swift’s career. Along with the hyper energy and nostalgic connections, Swifties passionately united. “Honestly, the whole vibe of the theater was cool. Everyone was there to listen, dance and sing along. It was so worth it, 10/10,” concludes Olson. 

Grand Junction’s Las Colonias Amphitheater hosted a Taylor Swift Laser Dance Party on October 14th, conveniently following the release of the Eras movie. Bright neon lights, glow sticks, and confetti accompanied the cool, fall breeze. Kairi Richardson, a sophomore, avid Swiftie, and attendee of both the party and concert exclaimed, “It was exciting! It was hype! My friends and I all sang loudly and danced.” DJ Swiftie has been touring all over the U.S., capturing the magic of the concert and bringing it to local theaters. The party lasts almost as long as the actual concert! Richardson reflected, “Everyone was dressed up and super into it. There was a sense of community!” As 2023 unfolds, more things are guaranteed to be launched by Taylor Swift. Movie theaters will continue to see flocks of fans, international stadiums will be enthusiastically filled for upcoming Eras shows, and musical projects such as 1989 (Taylor’s Version) will be streamed non-stop. Taylor Swift is the queen of our hearts.