Moving Forward

Joey
Jazzy presenting CMU flag

Palisade Bulldogs upperclassmen are back on their third week while new Mavericks are just starting their school year this last monday. The new year has brought many opportunities, but also many challenges. This year I have had the opportunity to end my high school career by starting my college career. I was able to apply to college classes last spring semester for the upcoming fall semester, which is what we are in now. I have my ENGL 111 class and I have this class every week at the same time on Mondays, Wednesdays, and fridays. I am also taking Yoga and Frisbee golf on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. And in total I am taking 5 credits for this semester. I am excited to get into the groove of things and really start to settle into the college atmosphere.

Being a college student while still being enrolled in high school is a lot. Personally, I knew that being a Palisade student taking CMU classes could be a little gas consuming, but being able to take college classes through the highschool for close to free is something I think everyone should take advantage of. While I am a college student, I am still a Palisade Bulldog. After school I help the football team as a manager, so being able to do both college and high school things is an advantage. I wanted to experience college life while still being in the safe, comfortable zone where I’m not an adult yet so I still have a lot of people to walk me through everything I need.

I see this opportunity as a stepping stone. I am able to take the step toward my life and my career without being afraid of what’s coming next. I have been able to open so many doors, and be able to look at what my life could be like. Con-current is such a good way to move forward in a comfortable place in life. You have many people around you that can and will help you along the way.