Girls Golf: Halfway Through

The+golf+team+after+their+Adobe+Creek+tournament.+
Jan Norell
The golf team after their Adobe Creek tournament.

Our Palisade Girls Golf Bulldogs have been working hard this season, finally through their halfway point. The girls have been traveling a lot since our last update, having been to Montrose, Aspen, and Glenwood.
Monday, April 8th, the girls traveled to Cobble Creek Golf Course with Palisade placing 7th overall. Junior Cecilia Dunn-Dietrich took the lead for Palisade, placing 18th overall and shooting a final score of 103. She tied with Sophomore Lexi Taylor and Senior Natalie Flint, but one the scorecard playoff.
The following day, the Bulldogs traveled to Black Canyon for another 18 holes. Palisade shot 8th overall for the team score, with some young talent prevailing in the final individual scores. Freshman Brylee Larson took the lead for Palisade, shooting a final score of 92 and placing 9th overall. “It was really fun,” Larson says. “I wasn’t even really sure what I was doing but I felt like I was playing well.” This is Larson’s first competitive season for golf, and she is doing incredibly well for the team.
Leading off a three-day streak of tournaments, Monday, April 15th was an incredible day for the Bulldogs. They stayed local, playing the monument and desert side of Adobe Creek National Golf Course. Junior Mari Burnham tied for first place, shooting an 89. The two finalists played a playoff on the ninth hole of the monument side. Burnham had a great tee shot and a great approach to the green but took one stroke more than her competitor. She shot second overall out of over 40 golfers.
The following day, Head Coach Jan Dentonnorell brought three Seniors and one Sophomore to the Aspen Glen Club to compete against seven other teams. Palisade took sixth overall, with Senior Natalie Flint shooting 14th overall with a final score of 109.
On the final day this week, Wednesday, April 17th, the girls went to Glenwood to play at River Valley Ranch Golf Club. Norell wanted to allow the Freshman to get a feel for an 18-hole travel tournament, so she brought the Seniors and the Freshman. Palisade shot 8th overall, with Senior Natalie Flint taking 10th with a final score of 101.
Good job so far this season girls, and keep up the good work. Go Bulldogs!