Male Athlete of the Week: Tristan Brinton

Tristan as he gets ready to pass a shot. Photo provided by Tristan

Palisade Sophomore, Tristan Brinton, is the male Athlete of the Week brought to you by Palisade Dino Mart. Brinton plays football in the fall and is currently playing lacrosse where he plays midfield. Brinton was first introduced to lacrosse at a young age through another sport. “I was playing soccer and my soccer coach played lacrosse,” said Brinton. “He brought little lacrosse sticks to soccer practice and I just loved it.” Brinton has loved the sport ever since. Over the past years, Brinton has also been drawn to the camaraderie of lacrosse. “I love the family that comes with it and the people are really fun to be around. I don’t know what I am going to do after high school without it.” 

Brinton has put in much effort and dedication into lacrosse to get to where he is today. He has seen growth in so many areas, specifically in having confidence. “Coming into a new sport you might not think you are good enough,” said Brinton. “Having confidence in anything in life is way easier on yourself.” This growth has led him to be a true inspiration and leader on the field. “I feel like I am the tone setter and I bring energy to the team, as well as enthusiasm,” said Brinton. With the inspiration and encouragement from another, Brinton has been able to effectively grow as a player and leader. “Josh Dewitt was a football player here at Palisade who really just pushes me to be the best athlete I can be,” said Brinton. The countless work and effort Brinton puts into his sport proves to show what a dedicated athlete he is. Congratulations Tristan Brinton on Athlete of the Week!

Don’t be scared to fail. I have learned my best moves from failure. Have confidence, because that is what really makes you a great player.

— Tristan Brinton