Trump Gets 175 Million Dollar Bond for Civil Fraud Case

Mt.+Garfield
Kaleb Wells
Mt. Garfield

Former president and up and coming candidate for the 2024 presidential election Donald J. Trump just posted a bond in his civil fraud case. Donald Trump’s bond is worth one-hundred and seventy-five million dollars. The bond amount was lowered by many hundreds of millions of dollars. The verdict amount of money that was posted was originally four-hundred and fifty-four million dollars. In January Trump was fined. His co-defendants and even his older son that was in charge of his company were also fined.

Trump did stand by his promise and paid his due. Now Trump’s attorney Alina habba stated that Trump is looking for vindication on his rights and an appeal on overturning an unjust verdict. If Trump doesn’t win his appeal he will owe the original verdict amount. Trump secured his bond through an insurance company called Knight Insurance which is a private held Hankey Group. Trump had trouble finding an insurance company to cover a sum so large. Hankey said his company was involved with talks on covering the original verdict amount owned until it was reduced. Hankey even stated that Trump put all the collateral in cash.

We were able to interview students on their stand on the Trump civil case. “I do believe he deserves the right to a fair trial just like everyone else; it is their right as a United States citizen. Do i think he is guilty i don’t know but this allows us to get the truth” said Mackenzie Gray. This person wanted to remain anonymous but had interesting things to say for a freshman. “I think whatever he did, even if he is guilty, I know he did it for the better of the country. I have a lot of respect for a man who is willing to risk it all for his country. That is patriotic. Said by anonymous. The appeal is now under investigation. What do you think? Is Donald J. Is Trump guilty or innocent?