Megan And Nicki Stir the Pot

Megans+hit+single+Hiss+
Hayleigh Wing
Megan’s hit single “Hiss”

Discourse has begun in the rap industry, Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj began to start attacking each other through their lyrics. At first, it was looking like a friendship between the two rappers when Nicki joined Megan for her “Hot Girl Summer” anthem in 2019. More than four years later things have changed as the pair of rap stars go public with their feud. Megan lit the match on January 26 with her single “Hiss” which aimed at many celebrities including Nicki Minaj and her husband Kenneth Petty. Megan raps something along the lines of “They can’t be mad at Megan, they mad at Megan’s law.” In case you didn’t know, Megan’s law arms the public with certain information and the whereabouts of dangerous sex offenders so that local communities may protect themselves and their children. And Nicki Minaj’s husband happens to be a registered sex offender. Nicki did not stay silent. She has been relentless in the days since Megan’s song was released and keeps on dragging her name through the mud. January 29th she released her response single, “Big Foot.” She touched on multiple things that she had already stated on social media, like Megan’s mother, her rapping ability, the Tory Lanez 2020 shooting, and much more. Sophomore Iris Rath stated, “Honestly Megan’s song was so much better, it just felt natural and not forced unlike Nicki’s. And Nicki’s disses were not as good, like commenting about Megan’s height? You just dissed tall girls in general, not Megan. You can’t make a diss track about someone and just name off things they can’t control.” Their feud has been all over social media and people have even started making jokes and videos about it. Hopefully, soon everything will be resolved.