CapRock Hockey Recap

Jace Carter
Caprock hockey logo

Hockey has risen in the grand valley. CapRock has started their very own hockey team in the valley and has allowed other high school students in the valley to play as CapRock Eagles. The Eagle have so far six games this season. They have a record of 3-2-1. For being a team that has no history also from being in different school backgrounds they are rocking the hockey scene. We were able to interview a couple of student athletes from Palisade who are currently playing on the Cap Rock hockey team.

As freshmen they are lucky enough to see this hockey program grow. They had really nice things to say about the coaching staff who took the role to start this program. Trying to start a program from the ground up is really hard, especially from a coaches stand point. “For it being my first year the coaches really made it fun for me” said Jace Carter. “This is my first year playing hockey. It has been a really fun experience” said Freshman Jace Carter. “I have been playing hockey for about 9 years,” said freshman Braden Tompkins.

“The overall season is going good. It will be rough losing our seniors but I still think we will have a great season next year” said Tompkins. The season will go amazing. We asked who stood out the most on the team Braden Tompkins and Jace Carter both replied they said it was the seniors. “They were great leaders,” said Jace. It is good to know that even the older players show inspiration to the younger players. We hope to see what this new hockey program will become in the future.