Two Navy Seals Missing at Sea

Kaleb Wells
The American Flag

Terrible tragedy struck in the Gulf of Aden when two navy seals were lost at sea and were presumed dead. The seals were on a night time mission. The mission details were to board a boat carrying Iranian made missiles to Yemen. The seals were aboard a small navy boat. They attempted to board the boat in very rough weather conditions which created rough waters. One of the seals fell overboard. With an act of bravery another seal followed protocol and went in after the seal that fell in. At this time it is unclear on the order of who fell into the water.

The seals were identified as Navy Special Warfare Operator first class Christopher Chamber who was 37 and Second Class Nathan Gage who was 27. The U.S Command Central sent out an immediate search and rescue mission for the seals. The US had help from allies being Spain and Japan. They have searched 21,000 square miles trying to locate the seals. After ten days of searching The U.S Command Center has changed their status to deceased. Since the announcement of that out of respect for families no more information at this time has been released.

I was able to get insight from students on the tragedy. “I heard about it on Tik Tok. I could only imagine what they felt like. It really is a horrible situation, bless their family” Said by Keden Everett. “I respect the bravery the seal had when jumping after his comrade in the water. It’s just sad to read about it” said Cameron Painter. This is indeed a very depressing situation. We thank the seals for putting their life on the line and paying the ultimate sacrifice. Our hearts are with the family.