Bulldogs VS. Devils

Addie Ritterbush shooting the ball in a game against Grand Junction last week. Photo provided by Addie Ritterbush.

On Friday the nineteenth, the Bulldogs battled out the Glenwood Devils in various games of basketball. 

Palisade Basketball’s Girls Varsity team beat the Glenwood Devils to dust in the Friday game after winning 51-31. During the game, Addie Ritterbush, showed off her amazing basketball skills and showed her team how good of a player she is. Palisade Junior, and number 4, Addie Ritterbush, scored a total of thirteen points with a total of 32 assists. She also had 6.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. Addie says, “It was one of our best games we’ve played together as a team, We played all 4 quarters and never gave up.” To describe her awesome play during Friday’s match: “we shared the ball really well, we played good defense, talked a lot on our 1-3-1 defense and our press worked well also.” Addie represented well, and the girls season is continuing to go really well. The Palisade bulldogs upgraded their record to 11-5. Addie exclaimed, “We won our first league game against Glenwood!”As for the boys, it was a close call throughout the entire game. In the end, the Devils beat the Bulldogs with an ending score of 62-51. This loss continued the disappointing trend in the boys basketball team, as they have now lost three games in a row. But the Bulldogs never give up hope! Players with solid performances during this game include point guard Hunter Howard and Layne Ruppelius, a shooting guard. The season is halfway done and the Bulldogs will be starting league plays very soon, so we wish the best of luck to them!