Happy Hallwaydays!

The Freshmen’s candy cane hallway

Tis the season to be jolly! Our Bulldogs certainly indulged in the holiday spirit last Friday, December 8th. The grand hallways of Palisade High School were prepped with tinsel, gold bows, and twinkly lights by dedicated students. 

Hall decorating is an event that unites the school in a simple way. To kick off Palisade’s 12 Days of Christmas, students stayed after school to adorn their class’s hallway. StuCo provided festive supplies such as garland, ornaments, colorful lights, and tulle. However, the real showstoppers are the giant blow up snowman at the end of D hall and the Christmas tree in Senior Lounge. “I hung up ornaments on the garland in the middle. We had a problem with the streamers because they kept breaking. Eventually, we fixed them,” admits Sophomore Kate Fricke. 

During Homecoming Week, the Seniors usually fill up Dog Run with intricate decor and exciting elements. However, for 12 Days of Christmas, they decided to focus primarily on Senior Lounge. It turned out to be a success! Fluffy garland, white lights and blue paper filled windows set the tone for the holiday season. 

Juniors committed to C hall with confidence. With green paper tucked into the overhead lights, a cheery ambience was enhanced.  There are red and green streamers draped across door frames and ceilings. There are homemade paper snowflakes attached to the walls and lockers. Simple gestures such as these capture the sweet and wholesome nostalgia of a white Christmas. 

B hall came out nicely, thanks to the Sophomore’s diligence and creativity. Garlands and lights were carefully hung up. Fricke states, “I think we did a really good job!”

Despite this being the Freshmen’s first Christmas hall decorating, they proved their skills. With a prominent candy cane theme, red and white spirals of cheer were spread throughout D hall. Red tulle was draped from the ceiling to create a royal vibe. The lights added another layer to their winter wonderland. 

12 Days of Christmas is an exciting series of events at Palisade. Bulldogs, spread your holiday cheer by dressing up for spirit days, attending upcoming sport games, and admiring these beautifully decorated halls.