12 Days of Christmas

Hank DeFord
Joe Bravo wants you to get some gelt next Monday.

It’s that time of the year again, as we finish up the semester it’s time to celebrate the holiday season with the annual 12 days of Christmas celebration. It consists of two weeks of spirit days and fun holiday activities. 

The festivities are a great way to get ready for break and have fun rapping up the semester. It starts tomorrow the 8th with hall decorating, it is after school from 3:30 to 5:30. Next Monday, the 11th, STUCO will be handing out Jewish gelt in the morning. Gelt is the traditional Jewish candy shaped like gold coins. Also on Monday, STUCO will start selling cupcakes at lunch for a fundraiser, the fundraiser will last through Thursday. On Tuesday there will be a free hot cocoa and apple cider handout for all students and staff. You can get your free cup during passing periods or while supplies last. On Wednesday the spirit day is “run run rudolph” so wear athletic clothes. On Thursday the 14th the spirit day is “Let it snow” so wear white, that will also be the theme for the basketball games that night. Show up to support out basketball teams! On Friday the spirit theme is “Over the river and through the woods” so wear camo, also on Friday turn in a completed ornament coloring sheet for free popcorn to decorate class trees in the main lobby during periods 2 through 6. You can get the ornaments coloring sheets starting Monday the 11th. The following Monday the 18th, the spirit day is “jingle toes” so wear crazy socks and pose for a school Christmas TikTok at lunch for free holiday candy. The Tuesday after that the spirit day is sweater day, wear any holiday themed sweater. The cupcakes for the fundraiser will be delivered Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday the spirit day is red vs green. Wear red or green or a costume with that color like the Grinch or or Elf. Finally on Thursday the theme is the polar express, come dressed in pajamas. Right after that winter break begins! I talked to Ian Shiao who is a student council member and helped organize the 12 days of Christmas. “It’s super fun, I think everyone should participate,” says Shiao, “It’s fun to get to your mind off finals and all the stress that comes with the end of the semester. We worked super hard on 12 days of Christmas and hope you all think it’s fun.” Get excited for break and celebrate the holiday season these next two weeks and have some fun.