Black and Orange Dual in the Pool

Emily Hardin
Emily Hardin diving into the competition.

The girls swim and dive season has been in full swing since early November. To celebrate their new beginnings and prosperous future, the enthusiastic team composed of Bulldogs and Tigers put together a fundraiser at Orchard Mesa Pool. 

On November 25th, the Tigers split into two teams, Black and Orange and competed in various events; traditional and non-traditional. This is Emily Hardin’s (‘26) second year on the swim team. “The fundraiser was a little bit different this year. In past years we did a swim-a-thon, doing as many laps as possible in the pool. However, this year we did a dual. We competed against each other in different events. Individually, we gathered donations,” explained Hardin.  

Uniting with the team is an important part of bonding and raising spirits. Splashing into the new season is exciting and nerve racking. This dual offers swimmers, new and old to practice their skills and test their limits. Hardin admits, “Most of the events such as 50 free, 100 IM, and 50 back are not seen in actual meets so it was exciting to do those.”

Black narrowly won the 30 minute continuous swim, starting the season off with a bang. “The score was 56-48. It was intense towards the end. We were four laps behind but caught up quickly and won by one,” explains Hardin. 

Hardin said, “We raised money for our program. Mainly to help cover the cost of food and hotels when we have to travel to far meets, especially State.” 

Come support the swim team by attending their first meet this Saturday at CMU.