Suzan Harris

The+sun+setting+
River Pearson
The sun setting

Suzan Harris, a local Palisade woman went missing and was last seen on September 15th, 2023, Westernslopenow.com says “After Palisade’s Wine Fest weekend, neighbors in Rio Vista noticed 77-year-old Suzan Harris’s car had been missing for about two days. Neighbors went to Harris’s house and found her front door open. They said the TV and many lights were on in the house but no sign of Harris. Neighbors called Palisade Police who later brought in the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Highway traffic cameras do not show Harris’s car leaving the state.” The car was later found in the Government Highline Canal with a body in it but investigators had not identified who the person was, On November 3rd Suzan’s body was identified. KJCT8 says “New information about a body that was found over the weekend. According to the Mesa County Coroner’s office, Suzan Harris was found dead in her vehicle on November 3rd in the Government Highline Canal. Harris was a resident of Palisade, Colorado. She was reported missing back in September after neighbors grew suspicious of her whereabouts. An autopsy has been conducted in the case and the cause and manner of death are still pending further toxicological analysis.” We will keep Susan and her family in our thoughts.