Broncos Take the W

Gaby Suazo
Interviewee Aidan Shiao

On September 17, 2015, the Denver Broncos defeated the Kansas City Chiefs. Since then, they have not achieved victory. However, this Sunday was when everything changed.

24-9 was the final score of the matchup between the Broncos and Chiefs at Empower Field at Mile High. The Broncos defensive tactics were top-notch. They used five takeaways, four on defense and one on special teams. Halftime was creeping in and the Broncos were leading 14-9. Some students at Palisade High School were raving over this win. However, some were sorrowful. Aidan Shiao is a freshman on the football team at Palisade. He is a Chiefs enthusiast. “Patrick Mahomes had the flu and I don’t want to blame the loss on that. If he was healthy, the Chiefs would’ve beat them.” According to Shiao, “The Chiefs didn’t have the best plays. They only scored field goals. The 60-yard field goal was impressive, going into halftime.” Overall, the game was a letdown for KC Chiefs fans. Shiao states, “I watched the game from start to finish. I was a little disappointed. We live in Colorado, so everyone around me was just making fun of me.” Considering the drought of Bronco wins, this is a huge milestone and accomplishment. As more NFL action unfolds, spectators, players, and diehard fans will unite to celebrate and grieve. An easy way to learn and still be involved with one’s passions is by watching the NFL. Throughout the many years of Shiao’s football career, the NFL and KC Chiefs continue to serve as an inspiration.