For All The Dogs

Katalyne Hean jamming out to the new album released by Drake.
Emily Hardin

On October 6, beloved artist Drake released his eighth studio album, ‘For All the Dogs” which surprised many fans with the appearances of many other artists. This album has been the fourth album released in barely 2 years. ‘For All the Dogs’ included 23 tracks and features past collaborators like J. Cole, 21 Savage, Lil Yachty, SZA, Bad Bunny, Yeat, Sexyy Red, and Chief Keef. Features like SZA received a lot of praise and excitement that she was in Drake’s album. The album was released at 6 AM Eastern time on Friday breaking the industry standard of new albums typically released on services like Spotify and Apple Music at midnight. Katalyne Hean, a student at Palisade High School has been a big fan of Drakes music for three years. She explains how his music is very diverse, featuring upbeat music, and slower music, and Katalyne Hean states, “When I first listened to his new album, I thought it was very mediocre but when I listen to it more and more, I like it more” in recent interviews, Drake explains that he thinks this is one of his best albums. Hean explains, “ I feel like a lot of his albums have a different vibe. Some of his albums are very upbeat and fast-paced, while others are more focused on R&B. So for this album, I feel like it falls between the middle of really pumped-up music and more R&B focused. Overall, I would say it’s in the middle of his best albums and worst albums” After this latest album was released, Drake explained that he is going to stop making music for a little bit to focus on his health and well-being. He didn’t state how long this break would be, but explained that he needed time to focus on himself. Hean says, “ and his future albums, I really hope that there are more monumental songs that are just so good. You just have to listen to them on repeat. I also hope that he creates more songs that resemble his old music because I really miss his old music music.” Although Drake‘s new album has struck some controversy, this artist seems to never disappoint most fans and has a long successful road ahead of him.