Bringing The Heat

+%28Right+To+Left%29+Olivia+Talley%2C+Makaila+Koppelman%2C+Hayleigh+Wing%2C+Ashley+Roten%2C+and+Leah+Burkey.+Provided+by+Ashley+Roten+%0A
(Right To Left) Olivia Talley, Makaila Koppelman, Hayleigh Wing, Ashley Roten, and Leah Burkey. Provided by Ashley Roten

Palisade High School has had another successful year of crackling flames, flickering shadows, and a warm glow that brings students together. After our volleyball team swept the floor at their homecoming game all the enthusiasm was brought over to the heat of the fire. This might have been one of the best years so far. Our staff worked hard to make sure everyone was safe but also having fun at the same time. It was a good time to socialize and enjoy time with friends. For freshmen, the bonfire was a perfect time to really get to know what our school is all about. Freshman Leah Burkey stated, “I think it’s a great idea especially right after a volleyball game.” Everyone was having fun and socializing with one another. Burkey added, “Something I would change about the bonfire is I would just add an option to buy glow sticks or other things like that. Other than that they did a perfect job.” Bonfires have been around for years and years to bring people together and to celebrate, and Palisade did a perfect job at doing that. Burkey said, “I will definitely be going next year and the years after that, it was such a great experience. So far i’m loving the community our school has created. I can’t wait for the future” Palisade is very proud of its student body and the success we’ve had over the years. In order to show their appreciation they have events like this. Let’s work hard as a community so we can keep having fun. Let’s make it a great year! Go Bulldogs!!