Palisade Sweeps Battle Mountain

Emily Hardin
In picture, Kyra Birch, Ava Wallit, Braeleigh Macaskill, and Sabrina Landmen.

Last Tuesday, September 12th Palisade’s varsity volleyball team swept Battle Mountain at an away game adding to their incredible win streak. Varsity won with a score of 3 to 0 and the JV and freshman both won their games. 

The varsity game had three sets, Palisade won the first set 25 to 16, the second set ended in 25 to 16 and the bulldogs finished it out 25 to 17, a very strong win for Palisade. JV and the freshman team won their games in 2 sets. “It was a really good game, we could’ve been a little more aggressive but other than that it went really well,” says Rylin Elsrod a Palisade sophomore. Rylin has been playing for three years and is a member of the JV team. “I feel like we have a really strong team and I’m really optimistic for the rest of our season,” says Sadie Bunker another sophomore on the JV team. Sadie and Rylin have been playing volleyball together for 3 years. 

“The years been going really well, the varsity team has a really good win streak and we’re all playing really well,” says Emily Hardin, a JV sophomore. She’s been playing volleyball for 2 years. Hardin got into volleyball because of her sister who played for a long time. “All the teams are doing really well, the freshman team has a lot of energy and passion,” says Hardin. “They just have to work on the fundamentals and they’ll be an amazing team.
Palisade now has eight wins and one loss this season. They are placed first in the 4a western slope league and ranked 17th overall in the state. Next weekend Palisade travels to Denver to compete against Lutheran and Holy Family. The Dogs are gearing up for another incredible season and ready to show the state their hard work and dedication.