Local Cross Country Meet

Cross+Country+team+taking+post+run+.5s%0APhoto+Provided+by%3A+Ema+Babnic+
Cross Country team taking post run .5’s Photo Provided by: Ema Babnic

This past weekend the cross country team dominated in the cross country meet at Connected Lakes in Grand Junction. This meet was very successful for many Palisade athletes, in which many people had their personal best. Abby Price, a junior at Palisade High School says, “The connected lakes trail is the best one we’ve had yet. There is no elevation or hills so it was a really good one to PR” Price explains that one of her teammates, Hank DeFord, placed 10th in the meet and the whole team had their personal bests. Price had her personal record for this season, which is a tremendous accomplishment given that the cross-country team has not hit mid-season where most athletes tend to excel. There are still many more meets to go, and the biggest meet of the season is the regional meet which takes place on October 19. Although the cross country team is relatively small, the team does not lack spirit and sportsmanship.  This is Price’s second year doing cross country which she didn’t participate in her freshman year. “My favorite thing about cross country is the team because everyone is super supportive and it is such a fun sport to be a part of.” Not only do the individuals who participate in cross country have their own personal drive to display enthusiasm, effort, and spirit, but they also support one another and lift each other up, as well as celebrate each other and their successes. The next cross country meet takes place on Saturday in Vail and the team has the potential to be even more successful than the last week.