Sip, Savor, and Celebrate: The 2023 Colorado Wine Fest Unveiled

+peek+at+last+years+wine+fest%2C+courtesy+of+%40colorado_winefest
peek at last year’s wine fest, courtesy of @colorado_winefest

The town of Palisade is getting ready to host the 32nd Anniversary celebration of the Colorado Mountain Winefest, presented by Fisher’s Liquor Barn, on September 16, 2023. This annual event, recognized as the Best Wine Festival in the Nation by USA Today, promises to be a day filled with wine, gastronomy, entertainment, and more. We had the pleasure of sitting down with Cassidy Shull, the Wine Fest Director, to get a glimpse of what attendees can expect this year.
According to Cassidy Shull “The Colorado Wine Fest is an event that wine enthusiasts eagerly anticipate each year. It’s a celebration of Colorado’s wine culture, and this year promises to be bigger and better than ever.” What sets this year’s festival apart is the commitment to showcasing the best of Colorado’s wineries. With 53 participating Colorado wineries offering unlimited sips, attendees have the unique opportunity to explore the diversity of the state’s wine offerings all in one place. The festival will feature a wide range of wines, from crisp whites to robust reds. Attendees can expect to taste some award-winning vintages, as well as unique and rare varieties that highlight the craftsmanship of Colorado’s winemakers. Beyond wine tasting, the festival has a full day of entertainment planned, including live music, educational sessions, and activities like lawn games that will keep festival-goers engaged and entertained throughout the day. Ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees is a top priority. The festival has adapted its layout and procedures to accommodate everyone comfortably, following all necessary safety guidelines. Food is a crucial part of the festival, with a diverse selection of culinary delights expertly paired with the featured wines. Local restaurants will be serving up a variety of dishes, making it a delightful experience for foodies as well. The Colorado Wine Fest is not just about indulgence; it also has a philanthropic side. It’s the largest fundraiser for CAVE, the Colorado Association for Viticulture & Enology. All proceeds support the wine and grape growing industry in Colorado. Additionally, sustainability initiatives are in place, encouraging recycling and waste reduction. Cassidy Shull expressed her personal excitement, saying, “I’m excited about every aspect of the festival. It’s a culmination of hard work, passion, and the love of wine. But if I had to pick one thing, it would be seeing the smiles on people’s faces as they discover new wines and create unforgettable memories.”
the 2023 Colorado Mountain Winefest promises a day of indulgence and discovery for wine lovers. This year’s festival is sure to be a highlight for wine enthusiasts and newcomers alike. Get your tickets, plan your visit, and get ready to savor the flavors of Colorado’s wine culture in Palisade this September!