Female Athlete of the Week: Sadie Bunker

Sadie Bunker doing her thing. Photo provided by Sadie.

Palisade Sophomore, Sadie Bunker, is the female Athlete of the Week brought to you by Palisade Dino Mart. Bunker is an outstanding three sport athlete in volleyball, basketball, and golf. In basketball she plays varsity point guard. “I have been playing basketball since the beginning of middle school,” said Bunker. “When we first moved over here I just wanted to meet some new people and do some new things, so I decided to play basketball.” Over the course of playing, Bunker has really developed a fondness for the sport. “I love playing the sport and just being able to be out on the court. I also really love playing with the girls and building those friendships, because they are so important. It makes all of the wins better and all of the losses better as well.” 

Bunker has put a lot of dedication into basketball to get to where she is today. Her skills aren’t everything she brings to the team. “I am overall a positive person and I bring a lot of energy to our team,” said Bunker. With the help of her teammates, Bunker has learned and grown a lot. “Someone I really look up to, especially this year, are our two seniors,” said Bunker. “One of them is always on the court and she gets a lot of attention, which is really inspirational about her. Our other senior goes in when she needs to and is always an incredible inspiration off the court.” Bunker’s growth over the years serves as an inspiration to her teammates and those around her. Her dedication and work ethic is an encouragement. Congratulations Sadie Bunker, on Athlete of the Week!

Don’t put a lot of pressure on yourself and just let whatever happens happen. Let the sport guide you through it.

— Sadie Bunker