Male Athlete of the Week: Kaleb Wells

Kaleb in action (20)
Kaleb in action (20)
Kaleb Wells

This weeks Dinomart Athlete of the Week, Kaleb Wells, has been making waves in both football and track. With ten years of gridiron experience and a budding track career, his journey is nothing short of remarkable.

Football came naturally to Kaleb, a family tradition that he not only embraced but excelled in. It became his passion. On the other hand, the track was a surprise. Coach Moore encouraged him to join the team to improve his speed for football, but the sport grew on him. “I ended up falling in love with the sport,” he recalls with a smile.

What Kaleb values most in these sports are the unique experiences they offer. Football, for him, is about building bonds and forming new friendships. “Meeting new people and creating lasting connections” is what he cherishes the most. In track, even though it’s an individual endeavor, he finds the collective support from his team selfless and motivating. It’s not just about personal achievement; it’s about the camaraderie.

Managing a double life as a multisport athlete can be challenging. Football, especially at higher levels, demands intense dedication. It can be challenging to juggle both football and track along with other priorities. But Kaleb perseveres. He’s learned that when it gets tough, you keep going.

Kaleb’s greatest inspiration is close to home. His mother has been his rock, providing unwavering support during challenging times. She keeps him motivated and helps him overcome obstacles.

Reflecting on his proudest moments, Kaleb recalls an outstanding homecoming game in football, where he ran for over 200 yards, scored three touchdowns, and even claimed the title of homecoming king. In track, he discovered his untapped speed potential, nearly qualifying for the State championships. The feeling of pushing his limits drives him to strive for more.

Kaleb has some wisdom for underclassmen: “Sports can get rough, and there are always tough patches. But you get through them, and there’s a brighter side. Don’t quit when things get rough; keep moving forward. It gets better in the end.”

While many may expect Kaleb to continue his sports career in college, he’s chosen a different path. Last summer, he enlisted in the army and aspires to build a career in the service after high school. His future is bright, and he’s ready for the challenges ahead.

As he looks back on his high school sports journey, Kaleb’s fondest memories are of the friends he’s made. They’ve had a profound impact on his life, shaping the person he is today. In this episode of Dinomart’s “Athlete of the Week,” we celebrate Kaleb Wells’s dedication, achievements, and the bright future that lies ahead.