Boys Soccer Plays Hard Game Against Grand Junction

Liam Ferguson prepares to pass in the ball.

Hayleigh Wing

Bulldogs fought hard against the Tigers, but sadly only one team can come out on top. The 2nd game of the season at CMU. Many came to cheer our team on, wearing maroon. Sadly we did not get the outcome we wanted. Grand Junction just got ahead, making it difficult to bounce back. At the end of the 2nd half it was 4-1. The goal we did get was off of a corner kick. Our student section was loud and proud! Our players fought hard as well as Grand Junction. I spoke with a student, Hailee Holm. Who said that our team has improved from their first game tremendously. She said that our goalie did a really good job this game and stopped a lot of balls from going into the back of the net. She also said Freshman Jayden Ford played really well and was impressive 

to watch. Hailee thought our team did really well with their communication and passing. “The only struggle they had was defensively and the forwards could’ve been up a little more”. Hailee was impressed with the other team’s speed and skill level. She said “they were a very good opponent.” Everyone cheered on our team, not even once was our student section 

quiet. Our boys did a very good job keeping themselves in the game. Not once did anyone think they gave up and let the other team walk all over them. Their mentality was the most impressive part. Most teams just lay their heads low once they get scored on more than once, but we didn’t. Let’s keep playing the game we know best!