Girls’ Tennis Sweeps the Spring Season

Brandee Calton

The girls tennis team last season

Winter sports have officially come to an end followed by spring sports starting up, which means that girls’ tennis is just around the corner. If you are interested in playing then keep reading this article to find information and more.

As many of you may or may not know Palisade High School does not have their own tennis team. They are a combined team with Central High School. They go by the name WarDogs. Practices are held at the Central High School tennis courts every weekday from 3:45 to 5:00 starting on Monday, February 27th. If you are interested in playing then registration must be completed by Friday, February 24th. Sydney Mauer is a sophomore here at Palisade and this will be her second year playing high school tennis. She has been playing tennis since she was really young. Sydney was asked to talk about the upcoming season and what she is looking forward to. She said, “I know so far that we are going to have so many new girls. That is so exciting because last year our team wasn’t as full as it is going to be this year. It gives us so much more opportunity to compete, get better over the season, and just overall have an amazing season this year.” She continued to say, “I feel like everyone is going to start off at a slower pace, but I believe as we get closer to the middle of the season everyone is going to do so amazing and the season will go great.” Considering that only two seniors on the tennis team graduated last year, there is hope for an excellent girls tennis season this year.