Palisade Crest Redesigned

Alan Rocha
Photo Of New Crest Outside Palisade High School

After many years the Palisade crest has been redesigned. The new improved design is similar to the old crest, sharing the same features like Mount Garfield. The new crest is different and more appealing and was made by palisade school admins Mr. Hayward and Mr. Howard.

The new crest doesn’t feature spike our school’s mascot, but kept the Mount Garfield mountains as well as the sports seal. They also ditched the neutron design that was present on the old one that was present in the old crest but instead added 3 new additions: The International Baccalaureate Organization logo and added representations of our arts and music programs. They also kept what Palisade is best known for that are our peaches which can be found all over palisade.

This crest better represents Palisade High School better than the old one and is a much needed redesign as the old one was outdated. I talked to one of the teachers who designed it Mr Hayward and he said that “looking at the crest that had been used and comparing it to other university or Highschool’s ours didn’t convey the image of palisade” also adding that “we were able to take a lot of different ideas and implement it in one and I really appreciate that it has mount Garfield and the peaches”. Mr. Hayward also informed us that the original mascot of palisade Highschool wasn’t a bulldog but a peach which would add more meaning to the peach at the bottom of the crest. There is however a mystery around the old crest as we don’t know when the crest was designed Mr hayward along with other teachers looked into it and said that “we could not find where it originated” “some years the crest was used and some years it wasn’t”

If you know anything about the old crest we would like to know to figure out this mystery and also look around the palisade Highschool because the new crest has already been placed in areas around.