Baseball Tournament

Sophomore Dylon Larson at the plate.

Last Thursday-Saturday, our Palisade boys had their first games of the season in a tournament hosted here in town. They played one game on each day at varying locations and went 2-1. “The games this weekend went pretty well, we all played well as a team, pitchers showed up, and it was great to see them produce in the way they know how,” says Sophomore Dylon Larson. On Thursday, the boys beat Prairie View 16-6. Sophomores Kian Kinslow and Dylon Larson both went ¾ at the plate. On Friday, they lost to Ponderosa 2-5. Sophomore Hunter Howard went ⅔ at the plate. On Saturday, they beat Palmer Ridge 9-2. Kinslow went ¾ at the plate, and Senior Titus Porter went ½. After the weekend of games, Kinslow finished with a batting average of 0.636, and Larson finished with a 0.429. Kinslow had three triples, and Larson had one. Howard and Junior Ascher Morby both finished with four stolen bases. “We swung the bats pretty well, got a lot of good hits facing pretty good pitching, and our defense was pretty sharp,” says Larson on behalf of the weekend. The boys started off their season strong, grabbing two wins. “Altogether I feel like we’re really connecting and everyone’s been doing their job and doing well. My future goal for this year is for us to make it to the final four at state, and maybe go further,” says Larson. The boys are in the 4A Western Slope League this year, and they will start league match-ups on Saturday, March 30th. Good luck this season boys!!