lacrosse first time seeing the field

Piper Wesolowski
Madison DeGeorge playing lacrosse.

Last Saturday, March 3rd, our Bulldogs combined teams with Grand Junction High school and Central High School for the spring lacrosse season. The team played their first scrimmage of the season, at Canyon View Park. 

The boys team this year has a lot of talent with around 35 players. The coaches mixed the players to create two teams to play against each other. Scrimmages are more of a showcase for the coaches to see the skills of the players, before the setting of a real game. 

The girls also had a big play day at canyon view and had multiple schools in the area come down like Durango and Steamboat. Madi DeGeorge, a player on the girls team said, “It was a lot of fun. We played roaring fork first and since it was just scrimmages now one kept score”. The girls first game this Saturday at Fruita Monument. 

This year the lacrosse team is very young and they have a big selection of Freshmen. The boy’s lacrosse team last year had a positive season going 6-4 in the league and 3rd in the 4A mountain league. So it is a heavy burden for the team to keep their record and standings or to even better their record and win the league. A midfielder on the team who played last year as a Freshman has the same idea and is hoping to win the whole thing this year, Tristan Brinton. “Since our team is very young we are hoping to see a lot of improvement but more than that we just want to win.” There is a lot to come from this team and maybe in the future, we could have our team at Palisade High School start their team. Good luck to those from Palisade and we hope to see a great season from them this year. Let’s go palisade bulldogs.