Over-the-counter birth control

+Empty+birth+control++%0A
Empty birth control

Opill will be the first pill like birth control to be available without a prescription in the US. It has now shipped to retail stores nationwide. It will be available online and in the family planning aisle of stores later this month, according to the company. Birth control itself has been around for years, but researchers have been working for over nine years to create a safe counter option for every woman. Given approval in July of 2023 from the FDA to move forward with their project. This struck concern in some people, wondering if it would be as effective and safe as other birth control pills. Like many others, it is 98% effective if taken correctly, and works 48 hours after taking the first dose. However, not all women take birth control pills for birth control. If a menstrual cycle is irregular, too painful, or other factors women will take birth control to help maintain their cycle. Will Opill also work for things like this? Yes, Opill should be just as effective as any other birth control pill one would take. Palisade student Ashley Roten stated, “I think this is a good idea for people who might not have the opportunity to get a prescription for birth control, but I think if you do have the option you should go and get a prescribed one, I think it will better for someone’s personal needs if they were to get it prescribed.” I think this is a great thing for women everywhere and it is a good opportunity if someone cannot get a prescription.