Clifton’s new addition

Clifton community campus build progress.
Sebastian Urdaneta

Clifton’s long awaited Community campus is finally almost at its end! The community campus will at last be open to the public this year, and will consist of many new things, such as: A Child Care center, High School-sized Basketball courts, commercial pantry and banquet kitchen, Outdoor playgrounds for small children, an exterior movie wall, a gym and indoor track, and an outdoor handball court. Next to the community campus, a branch of the Mesa county Libraries has also been built and is currently open to the public for everyone to use, and consists of 3 classrooms, 3 open rooms for any purpose, and 3 stud rooms. The Community campus is going to be located next to the Rocky Mountain Elementary school, on D ½ road. This community center has been something that many residents have been looking forward to, and very much waited for. Cy Hobbs, a freshman at Palisade states: “ I am so excited to finally have a community campus here in Clifton. Having to drive all the way to Fruita to go to a rec center sucks! I’m really looking forward to the handball court because hopefully we can also play futsal soccer there with my friends and that would be so much fun.” Cy also said that “I’m sad they’re not going to build a pool, I would have really liked to be able to have a pool here to be able to go with my friends in the summer. Hopefully that’s a project for the near future though.” Cy, along with the rest of the Clifton community are super stoked to have a new place to do fun, new activities, create many amazing memories, and have a fun and safe space for both children and adults to use.