Girls Playoffs: The Final Game

Junior Addie Ritterbush.

This season, the girls have put their all into each and every game, practice, and tournament. This constant uphill battle raised the girls to the top, qualifying them for playoffs. Their first game was Tuesday, February 20th, against the Northridge High School Grizzlies.
The first quarter was off to a rocky start, with the Grizzlies being up ten points on our Bulldogs, but from there on out each quarter was nail-bitingly close. Throughout the game the girls were fighting for their win, keeping the roaring crowd in the stands on the edge of their seats. Despite their best efforts, our Bulldogs took a very close loss, ending with a score of 51-60.
This game was one of the best watched so far this season, and you could truly see the passion of each and every athlete on the floor. Sadie Bunker is the Sophomore point guard for the varsity team, and has been playing basketball for around five years. “I think that playoffs went really well, I feel like I had a really good game.” Bunker states. “Even though the scoreboard didn’t quite show it, our team played really well and it was a fun game to play with the girls.”
Our athletes have come such a long way from the beginning of their season, and are learning to be able to constantly adapt to new strategies and teams. “I feel like we may have gotten a little confused on what our assignments should have been, we were all really focused on one game plan,” Bunker explains, “By the end of the game, it felt like we recognized what was going well and what wasn’t working and were able to adapt but not quick enough to take the game.”
It was incredibly heartwarming to watch the basketball Bulldogs show up and support the girls for their final game. The boys’ team filled the roaring student section, keeping the energy alive. The rest of the girls’ team filled the gym with their hoots and hollers after each and every point.
The girls’ season has now come to an end, with a final record of 17-7. The girls are already ready for their next season, predicting their improvements already. “I think that we’re going to do really well next year, even though we’re losing a few seniors, we’re a really disciplined group and are gonna come back hard next year.” Bunker says.
Great job this season Bulldogs, and we can’t wait to pack the stands for you next season. Go Bulldogs!