Male Athlete of the Week: Zack Anderson

Zack Anderson tipping the ball. Photo provided by Zack.

Palisade Senior, Zack Anderson, is the male Athlete of the Week brought to you by Palisade Dino Mart. Anderson is a basketball player and plays center. “I have been playing basketball since I was in middle school,” said Anderson. “I just found it a lot of fun right away.” Not only has Anderson built a love for basketball itself, but also with the connections that come with the sport. “My favorite thing about basketball is making fun memories with the team,” said Anderson. These bonds have brought memories that will last a lifetime. “I am definitely going to miss all of the trips we went on over the summer.” Sports isn’t the only place where you will find Anderson bonding with his friends. “Outside of basketball I like to be outside and having fun with friends.” 

Anderson has been playing basketball for Palisade since his Freshman year, but his Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year got cut short due to an injury. “I got a couple of games in after coming off of an injury,” said Anderson. This didn’t stop him from getting better at what he loves doing. “My improvement in the sport has been one of my greatest accomplishments.” Throughout it all, Anderson was certainly not alone. “My family has been my biggest inspiration in sports.”

Value all of the time you are giving because none of it is guaranteed.

— Zack Anderson

Anderson’s aspiration to progress in his sport serves as an ambition for other athletes to grow as well. His friendly personality is an encouragement to players around him. Congratulations Zack, on Athlete of the Week!