Palisade Basketball Takes on Glenwood Springs

Joey Smith
Chloe Simons (11) playing offense.

As tension grew and fans were left on the edge of their seats, our Palisade Bulldog basketball teams put up a tough fight as they went head in head with the Glenwood Springs Demons on Tuesday the 6th. Our girls and boys varsity teams both played a tight match up, which resulted in a hard-fought win for the girls and an unfortunate neck in neck loss for the boys. 

With an overall record of 14-6, our varsity girls team demonstrated what they have been working on throughout the season in their battle against Glenwood Springs. “Our team is really good at communicating with each other,” said Sophomore Sadie Bunker, who has been playing basketball since 6th grade. “On offense we were really good at working the ball and making sure that we gave everyone the opportunity to score.” Bunker plays point guard and is a starter on varsity. Bunker described the game as “very fast paced and intense. I feel like it was really exciting to watch and play.” The girls won a well deserved game 38-34 as they executed what they had practiced. Having the lead 14-10 after the 1st quarter, the boys’ lost control of the game as they weren’t “Making shots,” said Junior, Layne Ruppelius. Ruppelius has been playing basketball since 6th grade. “We had a pretty rough start,” said Ruppelius. As for it being a close game, they were able to “allow very little offense rebounds.” The boys’ lost 46-48. Both teams put up a tough fight and learned a lot for their games ahead.