NFC and AFC Championship Games

Christian+McCaffrey+old+panthers+jersey+
Kaleb Wells
Christian McCaffrey old panthers jersey

Unexpected turn of events or is it? The NFC and AFC had their championship games last sunday. Both games were very hard fought and were very good match ups. Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs hit head on for the AFC championship game. The quarterback matchup was Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. Both quarterbacks brought amazing skills to the game. The game opened with the teams being equal they both scored a touchdown ending the first quarter in 7 to 7. Lamar Jackson threw a pass that was deflected back to him which he took off and got a first down. Definitely the play of the game. Kansas scored a touchdown and drove the ball down and kicked a field goal for 3. This ended the half 17-7 with the chiefs on top. The second half started with a stalemate between the teams with no one scoring. The Ravens looked good in the fourth quarter but were shy of the comeback. They kicked a field goal with the game ending 17-10 with chiefs being the 2024 AFC champions and they are advancing to the super bowl.

The Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers were definitely the game of the night. The game opened with the Lions being on top. “They definitely were the aggressor at the beginning,” said Lions fan Kaleb Merkling. The first quarter the Lions took it with the score being 14-0.

The second quarter took off and the niners were starting to fight back with Christian McCaffrey scoring the first touchdown for the niners. The second quarter ended 24-7. The Niners opened the second half with a huge punch, dropping 17 points on the Lions, tying the game up 24-24 in the third quarter. The fourth quarter the Niners dropped a touchdown and drove it down with Brock Purdy dominating at quarterback. Kicking a field goal for three. The Lions scored a late touchdown and attempted an onside kick, almost recovering the ball but the Niners got it back ending the game. 34-31 with Niners being the 2024 NFC champions and advancing to the superbowl to face the Chiefs. “McCaffrey deserves a super bowl ring,” said Mr. Rush. Very interesting match up for the super bowl but the question still stands. Who will be the Super Bowl champions?