Winter Formal Is Happening!

Hayleigh Wing
Winter Formal Poster at the end of Dog Run.

Palisade is stepping up their game with this upcoming dance. Wear fancy dresses and suits to show off your style in the Lincoln Park Barn. The Barn has been used for special events since the twentieth century. The building was known as the Lincoln Park Auditorium but now it’s named, The Lincoln Park Barn, and is a common site for square dances. The dance’s theme is Van Gogh’s Painted Memories, so dress in your most creative blue or white attire and meet up with your friends to show off your awesome dance moves. Sophomore, Iris Rath, went to Winter Formal last year as a Freshman and claimed that she liked the music. “It’s always good to have a good group of people to go with.” Iris claimed. Going with friends is a good way to make memories and have fun making new friends. Dances are usually more fun with an interesting location, “I liked the location, it’s better than the gym dances.” Iris wanted to change a few things about the dance though, claiming the lighting wasn’t that good, “Maybe a nicer lighting, that would be good. Because when you’re taking pictures, you have to use your phones flash and it just makes the picture look worse.” She said she’s excited for Winter Formal this year, “Yeah, I think it’ll be fun. I have people to go with and have a cute dress too. Those are both plusses.” But even though those are both good reasons to go, you also get to have fun. Having fun is most important. Hope to see you there at the Winter Formal dance this Saturday night!