Girls Soccer Kicks off Their Pre-Season

+Information+about+pre-season+and+tryouts.+Provided+by%3A+Girls+soccer+%0A
Information about pre-season and tryouts. Provided by: Girls soccer

The hard work has only just begun for the girls soccer program, they have already started open gyms, fundraisers, and already discussed their goals for hopefully yet another successful year. Girls soccer is back and better than ever, losing only two seniors, and becoming league champions after many years of failing to do so. This year is no different, players and coaches have been working hard in the off season to make sure they have yet another successful year in the program. They have been hosting open gyms at various times and dates throughout the months leading up to tryouts. Save the date: tryouts are Monday through Wednesday February 26, 27, and 28th 4-6:00pm. Kate Fricke, a sophomore and player on the team stated, “I’m really excited for this year’s season and I can’t wait to be part of the community that was created. I think we will do a really good job this year, the staff and players have been working so hard and the season hasn’t even started yet.” This year their goal is to end the league in the top two, which they can most likely do. They stepped up their game compared to last year, hopefully getting new gear, jackets, and uniforms. There have also been some updates to the coaching staff that will be shared soon, so make sure you stay updated. Hopefully they will end this year off just as well as last year. The coaching staff will hopefully add a new perspective to the team and contribute many positive feelings and words. Good luck to girls soccer and other Spring sports at Palisade. Go Dogs!!!