Boys Basketball Dominates Tournament

Nate perry shooting a free throw during warm ups. Picture provided by Nate Perry.

Last Saturday the 9th, the Boys Basketball JV and Varsity teams traveled to Meeker to compete against 10 teams in a tournament. JV won the consolation bracket and varsity got 2nd overall. 

Varsity won two games and lost the other one. On varsity Hunter Howard scored the most points with 14. JV won all three games in the tournament. Dashawn Jackson scored the most points on JV. I talked to Nate Perry about how the tournament went, he has played basketball all throughout his high school career. He plays JV and swings to C team., “It went really well, I’m proud of how we all played.” Perry played on JV that day. He scored nine points in the whole tournament, his position is guard which means he helps bring the ball up the court. 

The boys varsity team has now won three games and lost three in their season so far.“I’m ready for a really good season, we’re doing good so far and we’re only going to get better from here, we have a really good coaches and a very solid line up this year.” This Thursday, the 14th all the Palisade teams will have their season home opener. The girls varsity team will play Grand Junction High School as they go into the game with five wins and only one loss. The boys varsity team will play Montezuma-Cortez. The tip off for the girls game is at 6:00 pm and the boys start at 7:30 pm. The theme is white-out. Be sure to show and pack the student section to support our amazing girls and boys basketball teams!