First snow of 2023

First snow of 2023

Grand Junction had the first snowfall of the season on November 25, 2023, while the mountains have been getting snow, it was the first snowfall of the valley, while it was only 3 inches it felt like a breath of fresh air finally seeing some snow here in the valley. Since we started getting snow we have had some low very cold weathers and has been in the mid 30s and 20s and has been lower in the teens a few times for the past few weeks, The Grand Mesa has been getting snow since September 14, 2023 and Powderhorn opened Friday, November 24 with a base of 25 inches and a season total of 47 inches. KJCT8 news says “Our first snow of the season is in the books! Now it’s all about the cold” on November 25 and then again on November 26 “Limited warming will keep us chilly this week. That limited warming also sets the path toward our next snow maker.” An update was posted on the 27th and 28th of November  saying “The little bit of warming that happens this week will keep us colder than normal for at least the next week. That little bit of warming leads to our next snow maker at the end of this week. The coldest of the cold is starting to relax a bit, and now we’re tracking a parade of storm systems that will bring more snow to Western Colorado late this week.”