Senior Spotlight: Soccer

Edgar Serna Tafoya (left), Isaac Daady (middle), and Joe Bravo (right) on senior night. Photo taken by Joshua Rodriguez

This week we had the pleasure of interviewing the three seniors on the Palisade Boys Soccer team, which are Joe Bravo, Isaac Daady, and Edgar Serna Tafoya. 

The boys were asked what their biggest highlight from the season is. “Beating Central,” said Bravo. “We made a good comeback after being down 0-1 and coming back after the half.” The last time the Palisade soccer team had beaten Central was in 2020. Off of that, Bravo shared his favorite memory. “Definitely buzzing my hair off,” said Bravo. “I told the team that if we won (against Central) then I would buzz my hair off. I felt really sad, but it was worth it.” Daady shared his highlights and said, “Just being on that team, since it is a younger team, and helping build the team up is something I have enjoyed. We are working on preparing them for next year, so helping them get better is one of my highlights.” Teamwork and relationships is very important for a sports team. Tafoya added, “For me it was making new friends.” This is Edgar’s second year at Palisade High School and his first year playing on the Soccer team. “I have really liked the team and I enjoyed every bit of it.” 

Considering how their season went in general Daady said, “Overall it went pretty good. We ended our season 1-14, but we had 8 starting sophomores on varsity, so it is a really young team. When we did lose, we only lost by like 1 or 2 points most of the time.” 

Each of them were asked to share what advice they would give to an incoming freshman athlete. “I have some advice for one person specifically and that person is Ronny,” said Bravo. “Be confident and don’t be scared. You have this mental barrier which doesn’t make sense because you are a good player. You just need to overcome it. That goes for everyone.” Daady added, “Trust each other and play as a team. Trust your teammates, yourself, and your coach.” Lastly, Tafoya added, “Just play the game and enjoy it while it lasts.” These senior athletes have had a great season as a team and a lot of experience. They will be missed by their fellow teammates as they move forward in life. Congratulations on a great high school career.