Colorado Avalanche Win

kal
Inside Ball Arena

At Ball Arena in Denver Colorado stormed on the Carolina Hurricanes. The Colorado Avalanche took on the Canes at Ball Arena in Denver Colorado. The Avs had an amazing record of 4-0 before this game and the Canes had a record of 3-2. The Avs had a very strong  line up. The Avs had a tough battle in the first period but tied it up in the late seconds of the first period with the goal being scored by number 12 Ryan Johansen with an assist from number 29, Nathan Mackinnion. The Avs opened the second period strong after the Canes got power, play number 25, Logan O’connor with a nice breakaway goal with a short handed goal. This is Logan’s 3rd consecutive shortie of the season naming him the shorty king.

After the Canes came to tie the game 3-3, number 22, Fredrik Olofsson hit a quick slap shot to put the Avs back in the game. The Avs had their signature aggression defense and offense playing on the puck. Shortly after, number 62, Atturi Lehkonen played aggressively on the canes goaltender and got an assist by number 8, Cale Makar excellent control over the puck and scoring putting the Avs back into the lead. Back to back just a minute later Nathan Mackinnion scored a furious slap shot. It wasn’t done there, number 96 Mikko Rantanen with a long range goal with 25.6 seconds left in the 2nd period. The 2nd period ended 6-3 with the Avs in the lead.

The 3rd period was all about defense. The determination and focus the players had was amazing. Cale Makar really showed up and proved why he was the defensemen of the year in 2022-2023. Watching the game I got to interact with a new fan of the Avs to see how their first game in Ball Arena went. “It’s something else watching live in front of you instead in your living room” said junior Skyley Caswell. “I just had an amazing time. The environment surrounding the game and everything else.” Certainly was an amazing experience to say the least. Catch the Colorado Avalanche playing the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight @5pm. Let’s go Avs!