Boys Soccer Senior Night

Senior+Night+%0A+Picture+from%3A+Joshua+Rodriguez+
Senior Night Picture from: Joshua Rodriguez

On a crisp fall evening this past Wednesday, Oct 18th, the Palisade boys soccer team had their senior night and took on Glenwood. It was a night full of emotions as the seniors celebrated their final soccer season coming to an end. 

The game started with a quick goal made by Glenwood, after the goal the Bulldogs’ defense was on point the rest of the game. After a tough fight, the game ended 0 to 1.  The game was highlighted by amazing performances from Joe Bravo, Cy Hobbs, and Eithyn Jansen who made multiple incredible saves throughout the game. The soccer team has three seniors leaving this year, Joe Bravo, Isaac Dady, and Edgar Serna Tafoya. Each one of them has made a big impact on their team and carried them throughout their years of playing. “We played super well there was just a lapse in the first minute of the game when Glenwood was able to score, but other than that everyone played super well and we were all connected,” says Isaac Dady. Dady has played soccer since he was four years old and is the captain of the Palisade team. “My senior season has been really good, we’ve been playing super well and we have a really young team so I’m happy with our performances,” says Dady. “I’m really going to miss playing in high school and all of my teammates,” Dady hasn’t committed to a college yet but he does plan to play soccer in the future. Another senior is Joe Bravo, he has played soccer his whole life and has been a big part of Palisade soccer since his freshman year and is a big motivation for his teammates.“The game went pretty good, we played well, we just didn’t have the final result we were hoping for and there’s always room to improve,” says Bravo. “My senior season as a whole was alright, we didn’t get the results we wanted but it was still alright,” says Bravo. He plans to continue his soccer career into college or other soccer clubs in Denver. “Senior night was pretty amazing I feel like we played really good, it’s just unlucky we didn’t tie or win that game,” says Edgar Tafoya. “I’m really going to miss playing with my friends, and making new experiences with the team,” Tafoya hasn’t decided if he will continue his soccer career into college but the legacy he will leave behind on the Palisade team will be remembered for years to come along with the rest of the seniors moving on. Good job this year bulldogs, the seniors will be missed. Wish them luck at their last home game Saturday at Longs Park at 11.