Celebrating Teacher of the Month: Mrs. McFarlin

This month we are celebrating the teacher of the month, Mrs. McFarlin. She is a dedicated Comp Lit teacher who has left a lasting impact on her students. She really cares about the students she teaches. 

In an interview, when asked about how she felt about being nominated, she said, “It’s a huge honor to be nominated by the students. It’s great that they feel like I deserve such an award.” This is her eleventh year at Palisade High School. “Before this, I taught at East Middle School, and before that, I taught at a preschool.” When asked about her favorite part of teaching, she said hanging out with the students. “Definitely hanging out with the kids. My students pretty much are my kids. It’s just that the students are a lot of fun to be around. Sometimes I like the kids more than the adults. My least favorite part about teaching is that I get pulled away from time spent with kids.” Sheri Vega, a past staff member here at Palisade High School, had this to say about Mrs. McFarlin. “What I like about Mrs. McFarlin, is how compassionate and giving she is of herself. She is a very selfless and caring woman. You can tell that she loves her job and education but more importantly, loves the students.” Mrs. Vega also stated, “Mrs. McFarlin is a great fit at Palisade for many reasons. The main reason is her ability to get students to understand that she genuinely cares and believes in them and that they are valued.

Congratulations Mrs. McFarlin on winning the honor of being the Teacher of the Month!