Volleyball Takes on Eagle Valley

In+picture%3A+Lili+Taylor%2C+Sadie+Bunker%2C+Lyla+Lancaster%2C+Rylin+Elsrod%2C+and+Emily+Hardin.+
Emily Hardin
In picture: Lili Taylor, Sadie Bunker, Lyla Lancaster, Rylin Elsrod, and Emily Hardin.

Last Tuesday, September 5th the volleyball team matched up against Eagle Valley. They played three amazing games and Palisade came home with two great wins and one very close loss. The varsity and freshman teams won their matches and the JV had a very close game.

Palisade’s varsity team beat Eagle Valley in their fifth set with a score of 3-2 and the freshman team won their match on their third set with a score of 2-1. JV fought really hard but had a close game with a score of 0-2. “It was a good game, we lost but it was super close,” says Lyla Lancaster. She is a sophomore at Palisade and has played volleyball since 7th grade. Lancaster plays JV but suits up for varsity. “Varsity also played really well, a well deserved win,”. Palisade is currently standing second in the 4A Western Slop League and seventh in the state for 4A with 6 wins and 1 loss. 

“I’m really proud of how everyone did, they were some really great games,” Lancaster says. The volleyball team is ready to get back to practice and dominate the rest of the season. JV learned a lot from the matches and is ready to work on their connections in practice. Their season is just ramping up with the next game at Palisade against Summit on September 9th in the main gym at 1:00 pm. It is going to be their first home game so be sure to be there to support out team, the theme is maroon out!