Palisade Volleyball Sweeps Bayfield

Varsity+team+huddle+after+good+play+
Emily Hardin
Varsity team huddle after good play

This past weekend, Palisade’s women’s volleyball team made the long trek to Bayfield Colorado coming home with a 3-0 win in which the C team, JV, and varsity are all undefeated. Although the six-hour drive was taunting, the team didn’t let that stop them from coming out strong and taking the win. This was not only a successful weekend of wins but also a successful weekend of team bonding. Sarah Foster a Junior says “Traveling with the team is really great, it gives a lot of opportunities to bond with your teammates and to just talk to everyone on a personal level as well as making new connections because you do have to share rooms that are assigned randomly which we wouldn’t really get to do otherwise.” Palisade volleyball is known to be a great program, especially in the last few years in which they have made it to state back to back to back, three years in a row. However, Palisade has experienced a few changes in its program such as losing Ella Steele, a setter now playing at Ottawa University Arizona who set the record for the most assists in the history of Palisade. Despite this loss, the team has come together, determined to keep developing the program making this year better than the last. Foster states, “I am really looking forward to going to state because that’s definitely in our goals and I know our team is going to make that happen and I am really excited to work towards that and get there.” Although this was only the first game of the season, the Palisade volleyball team has proclaimed their competitiveness and determination to make this season great.