Welcoming Ms. Marin

Welcoming our new Spanish Teacher!
Sophia Avila
Welcoming our new Spanish Teacher!

This week’s light focuses on a new teacher here at PHS, Ms. Marin. She’s been teaching for many years around different schools in the valley. She worked in middle school a year, elementary school three years and high school six years. In her free time, she enjoys swimming, hiking, and spending time with friends and family. She even did her internship here at Palisade a while back.

A student of hers, Gabrielle Spriggs, has a lot of great things to say about her. She stated, “She’s really lovely, she’s a very thorough teacher, and she helped me feel prepared for my test last Friday. She’s a great teacher and she’s really guided me through the beginning stages of Spanish. She’s really flexible and fun to be around.” 

In an interview, Ms. Marin stated, “My first career is in mass communications, in Columbia and when I came here the opportunity I had was teaching, also because of my skills in language. Also, my mother is a teacher and I love interacting with students. I adore helping others. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I am very strong in what I teach.” This year, she is most excited for the students and interacting with them. “I just like communicating with the students, helping them, and just bringing a nice and safe environment for them, where they can feel like their learning is fun but yet engaging as well. Also, I want to be a good member of the community here at Palisade High School. I like to feel like I’m contributing to the community in a positive way as well.

Everyone welcome Ms. Marin, we all hope she has a great year!